September 13, 2020
Good Evening Parents,
In an effort to bring you up to speed on the status of the new location, here is the most current update on progress and readiness:
- The Temporary Certificate of Occupancy (TCO) has been issued.
- The main corridor, hallways, auditorium, recreation room and classrooms have been painted.
- The General Contractor (GC) has provided plans for interior construction to the city and is currently waiting on the City of White Settlement to issue a building permit for the construction of additional walls and doorways in some of the classrooms and hallways. The city offices are operating under reduced days/hours and as a result, the building permit has not yet been issued and is still pending approval.
- Proposals/bids have been requested for fencing.
- Proposals/bids have been requested for the security system.
- Networking and exterior door access control is scheduled for installation.
- The Civil Engineer is designing plans and a proposal for the location of modulars and a playground on the property. When plans are ready, they will be submitted to the city for consideration and eventual approval. The timeline for approval is dependent on the city.
As you can tell from this update, the facility is still in the “make ready” process. Images of the building interior (photos or video) will be posted this week. As soon as it is feasible to do so, a “come and go” event will be planned for Kindergarten and 1st grade parents to see the building since they will be moving into the existing building at the new location. A timeline for the move of other elementary grade levels is dependent upon the placement of the modular buildings and as a result, is not known at this time. Future updates will be communicated as soon as they become available.
Thank you for your support, confidence and trust in High Point Academy. Take care, be safe and stay well.
Katie P. Stellar
CEO / Superintendent