Just a few carline instructions
K-1 Students and older kids who ride with them
You will enter from Western Hills Blvd and proceed in 4 straight lines. We will first move cars to the front of the building from the far right lane (closest to the fence) We will move 10 cars at a time this year. You will stop in front of the main building to unload or load students and at the end of the building TURN RIGHT to exit onto the Service Road. We have adults who will walk the 2nd-5th grade students to or from the mods.
2nd-5th grade students only
You will enter from Western Hills Blvd and immediately turn LEFT. This line snakes around eventually pulling up in front of the mods. There is green rope and arrows to help guide traffic. Go slow and pay attention or you will not be able to make the curves. In front of the mods, you will load or unload students and then proceed straight to exit onto Western Hills Blvd.
Feel free to come by and practice before Monday. Gates open until 7:00 tonight and 9:00-4:00 tomorrow.
Here is a map:
Kindergarten Parents Only
On the first day only we will allow you to talk your student into class if you want. From experience, using the carline is much easier and results in a lot fewer tears. I do understand though wanting to walk them in. There is limited parking in front and you will have to go through the 4 straight lanes to access it.
Thank you in advance for your support and patience. We promise the line will get faster and just remember this is a brand new dismissal for all of us. It will be over 100 degrees and my staff will be hot and tired from a long day of teaching your students and standing outside.
A few things that will help:
1. Practice your child's last name and grade. For example, 5 Houpt or 25 Nowell is how they will be called.
2. Teach them how to buckle and unbuckle so that you stay in the car. Getting out really slows things down.
3. Be patient---It will get better
4. Stay off your cellphone and pay attention to the line
5. Come by and practice today or tomorrow. The gates will be open until 7:00 today and 9:00-4:00 tomorrow.
6. Don't blast us on Facebook......just send me an email expressing your complaint. It's so disheartening for the teachers who are trying their best.
7. Follow the rules and the directions of staff. It is going to be a great first day and we are all so excited to see the students!
HPA FW Elementary